The Consular Section of the Embassy of Sri Lanka will only translate original documents issued by the Government of Sri Lanka and/or authenticated by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
You must submit a written request to Embassy asking for the translation of documents by the Embassy. In your written request, please clearly list ALL the documents to be translated.
You must provide:
- A written request asking for documents to be translated. The request must be signed and dated.
- Provide a detailed list of documents to be translated.
- Provide the document(s) to be translated.
Consular fees: Please consult the Fees and Methods of Payment page.
Processing Time: 15-30 business days
- Your original documents (if any) will be returned by secure courier.
- Please note that pre-paid self-addressed envelopes and/or shipping labels are not accepted.
- Please consult the Fees of Methods of Payment page for more details.
- Please ensure you add the costs of “returning documents” to the consular service fee(s).
- The Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
- The submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. In such circumstances, consular fees will not be refunded.
Incomplete applications will be rejected.