Consular assistance is provided to Sri Lankan citizens to be deported by the U.S.Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The USCIS Officials are requested to contact the Consular Section of the Embassy of Sri Lanka for up-to-date instructions.
The USCIS must submit a written request to Embassy asking for assistance on the repatriation of Sri Lankan citizens. The written request must clearly list ALL the Sri Lankan national(s) to be deported.
Sri Lankan deportees, who no longer have a valid passport, must apply for a temporary travel document via the Embassy.
You must provide:
- A written request asking for the deportation of Sri Lankan national(s) to Sri Lanka. The request must be signed and dated.
- Complete all fields for an Application for a Sri Lankan Travel Document(Form K-IM 35). The application must be signed, dated and filled in BLOCK letters.
- Include deportee’s last Sri Lankan passport (if available - regardless of expiry date).
- Completed all fields of Declaration Forms (Forms: D-1 and D-2)
- Include three identical clear color passport photographs size:2 x 2 inches (3.3 x 4.5 cm) photographs, taken within the last 3 months. Ensure that all the passport photo specifications are met.
- Removal Order from a U.S. Immigration Judge
- Travel particulars of the deportee.
Note: If unable to complete the relevant documentation, please contact the Consular Section of the Embassy in Washington, DC for necessary instructions.
Consular fees: Free of Charge
Processing Time: 90 business days
- Original documents and old passport(s) (if any) will be returned by secure courier.
- Please note that pre-paid self-addressed envelopes and/or shipping labels are not accepted.
- Please consult Fees and Method of Payment the page for more details.
- Please ensure you add the costs of “returning documents” to the consular service fee(s).
- The Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
- The submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. In such circumstances, consular fees will not be refunded.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.