You can apply for a Police Clearance Certificate for migration purposes from the Sri Lanka Police Department through the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Washington, DC.
Though police headquarters of Sri Lanka website:
You must apply for a police clearance certificate along with the specified documents.
The originals of the following documents must be provided. Note: English translations will not be accepted as originals.
One fully completed police Clearance Certificate application form. The application must:
- Be signed,dated and filled in BLOCK letters.
- Include answers for all required fields accurately.
- List the name of the applicant exactly as it is written in the passport.
- Passport must be valid on the date of application.
- Two clear color photocopies of the biodata page, visa endorsement and alteration pages of the passport.
National Identification Card:
- Sri Lanka National ID card
- Two clear color photocopies of the National ID card.
Consular fees: Please consult the Fees and Methods of Payment page.
Processing Time: up to 180 days
- Your original documents and old passport(s) will be returned along with the Birth Certificate and Citizenship Certificate by secure courier.
- Please note that pre-paid self-addressed envelopes and/or shipping labels are not accepted.
- Please consult the Fees and Methods of Payment page for more details.
- Please ensure you add the costs of “returning documents” to the consular service fee(s).
- Your original documents (if any) will be returned by a secure courier.
- The submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. In such circumstances, consular fees will not be refunded.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.