a. A letter requesting another passport
c. Three Photographs (Colour, 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm or 2” x 2” )
c. Copy of lost passport
d. Original Birth Certificate (translations not accepted)
e. Police report
f. Dual Citizenship Certificate and a copy of Foreign Passport (If the applicant is a dual citizenship holder)
g. Academic/professional certificates and letter of appointment (If the profession is to be included)
i. Marriage certificate (if the applicant is married and wishes to have spouse's surname entered in the passport)
k. Certified photocopy of valid permanent resident card (If the applicant is a permanent resident in the USA).THE PRESCRIBED FEE:
a. If the passport number or a copy of the data page is submitted - $ 350.00 b. If the passport number or a copy of the data page is not submitted- $ 450.00
* If the return of the passport is desired by mail, applicants may choose one of the following options and make payment together with the application fees as follows,
Federal Express - $ 20.00 US Postal Express mail - $ 18.00 International mailing fee - $ 35.00 ( If the applicant from Aruba) Fees may be paid by cash (only if application is hand delivered). The money orders or certified checks should be made in favor of " Embassy of Sri Lanka" Please note that personal checks will not be accepted.PROCESSING TIME - 08 to 10 weeks
Applications received at the Embassy from Monday through Wednesday are processed and forwarded to the controller, Immigration & Emigration in Colombo every Friday by Diplomatic bag. Applications received after Wednesday will be dispatched the following week.INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILING APPLICATIONS
1. Application should be filled preferably in BLOCK letters
2. Three photographs should be furnished as specified in the application. Please ensure that the signatures are confined to the cages provided immediately below the photographs.
3. The photographs, signature and declaration of the applicant can be attested by a Notary, Medical Practitioner, Solicitor, Chief incumbent of Sri Lankan temple, Professor of University or a person of similar status living in the USA.
4. The photograph should be clear, good quality, fresh (current picture) , without spectacles and with open ears.
5. The application and original documents should be submitted along with photocopies.
* This Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post
* Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. Fees will not be refunded in these circumstances.
* Incomplete applications will be returned and consular fees will not be refunded.HOW TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
You can submit the application to the consular division of the Embassy by post or by hand. The Consular Division is open from Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm) The physical and mailing address is as follows,
3025 Whitehaven Street NW Washington DC, 20008