- Documents presented to this Mission for authentication should be notarized by a US Lawyer/Notary and subsequently authenticated by the seal of the State Government where the applicant resides confirming that, the lawyer/notary is registered and recognized by that State.
- The State seal should in turn be certified by the US Department of State in Washington DC, prior to forwarding the documents to the Embassy of Sri Lanka for authentication. Such documents should be in duplicate. The Embassy only authenticates the seal of the US Department of State and not the contents of the documents.
- The fee for authentication is US$ 60.00 for each document
- If the return of the document is required by Mail, applicants in the USA may choose one of the following options and make payment with the application fee.
Federal Express - $ 20.00
International mailing fee - $ 35.00
- Fees should be paid by Cash (only if application is hand delivered). The Money Orders or Certified Cheques made in favour of "Embassy of Sri Lanka". Please note that personal cheques will not be accepted.
i. This Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
ii. Submission of forged documents and making false declarations relating to citizenship is a punishable offence. Fees will not be refunded in these circumstances.
iii. Incomplete applications will be rejected.