The Department of Pension, Colombo has issued a new Circular No 01/2018 dated 20/06/2018 on the payment of Pensions to Sri Lankan pensioners resident abroad. It is mandatory to produce a life certificate to the Department of Pensions every year before 31st of March through the Embassy. (Click here for guidelines) The Life Certificate can be submitted to the Department of Pensions by either of the following ways:
- Personal visit to the Department of Pensions in Sri Lanka
- Contact the Department of Pensions via Skype
- Through the Embassy
Submitting the Life Certificate through the Embassy Please click here for the life certificate form. When submitting through the Embassy, the Pensioner could either visit the Embassy or send the Life Certificate by mail.
Submission in Person – At the Embassy
- Certification would be carried out by an authorized officer in the Embassy.
- For identification purposes, please bring one of following documents
- Pension ID Card/Passport/Sri Lankan NIC/Driver’s License
Submission by mail/post
- Duly filled Life Certificate with a copy of passport /Sri Lankan NIC should be notarized/certified
The Life Certificates certified by this Embassy are forwarded to the Department of Pensions by DPL bag. If the return of the copies of documents is desired by regular mail, applicants in the USA should send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the request. Notes:
- This service is free of charge.
- The Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
- Incomplete applications will not be certified by the Embassy.