As per the para “vi” of the Department of Pensions Cir. No. 5/2011 dated 30.06.2011 on Payment of Pension to Sri Lankan Pensioners Resident Abroad, it is mandatory to produce a Life Certificate to the Department of Pensions in each year by Sri Lankan pensioners resident abroad through the Embassy.
The Life Certificate can be submitted to the Department of Pensions by either of the following ways:
- Personal visit to the Department of Pensions in Sri Lanka
- Contact the Department of Pensions via Skype
- Through the Embassy
Submitting the Life Certificate through the Embassy
When submitting through the Embassy, the Pensioner could either visit the Embassy or send the Life Certificate by mail.
Submission in Person – At the Embassy
- Certification would be carried out by an authorized officer in the Embassy.
- For identification purposes, please bring one of following documents
- Pension ID Card/Passport/Driver’s License
Submission by mail/post
- Duly filled Life Certificate with passport size color photo should be notarized/certified
The Life Certificates certified by this Embassy are forwarded to the Department of Pensions by DPL bag.
If the return of the copies of documents is desired by regular mail, applicants in the USA should send a self-addressed, stamped envelope with the request.
- This service is free of charge.
- The Embassy is not responsible for any document lost in the post.
- Incomplete applications will not be certified by the Embassy.